One of Germany’s largest Christian healthcare companies, AGAPLESION manages not only over a hundred medical institutions and more than a million patients, but also a huge amount of data. And to store, document and analyse all that data, the company is highly dependent on a functioning business intelligence (BI) and data warehouse (DWH) system. When it was time to update their existing solution, AGAPLESION decided to go with a modern innovation platform designed for them by TIMETOACT. They implemented the platform together based on IBM Cloud Pak for Data System – powerful, scalable and several times faster than its predecessor. This has opened up far-reaching possibilities for managing and evaluating data, allowing AGAPLESION not only to optimize existing applications, but also to think about completely new analytics requirements, including the integration of AI.
Outstanding performance thanks to a cutting-edge business intelligence and data warehouse systemSuccess Story as PDF
IBM Cloud Pak for Data System as a central location for all solution components
After consulting with TIMETOACT, AGAPLESION opted for a full innovation platform based on IBM Cloud Pak for Data System. The platform includes all necessary hardware components, pre-assembled and optimized for the application, the modern container application platform RedHat OpenShift, plus the IBM software Cloud Pak for Data. Cloud Pak for Data’s modular structure allowed us to begin with the Data Management module, with the Analytics and AI modules due to follow later. The individual modules are:
- IBM Netezza Performance Server (NPS) – successor of Netezza
- IBM Data Stage – IBM’s data integration solution – to replace Talend
- IBM Watson Knowledge Catalog – data catalogue integrated with the platform
- IBM Cognos Analytics with Watson – the current 11.2 version
- IBM Planning Analytics with Watson – successor to the IBM TM1
- IBM SPSS – previously stand-alone, now integrated
- IBM Watson Studio/machine learning – IBM’s modern platform for implementing AI
- Due to the technical platform outside OpenShift, IBM Cognos Controller was also upgraded to a new version.