Often, when the use of Atlassian Toolchain in companies becomes more frequent, this increase is parallel and unstructured. This results in challenges:
- Creation of a shadow IT
- Additional costs due to double licenses, as one user can access multiple instances
- Evaluation of a central use of data center or Cloud is not possible
- Different instances as server, data center or Cloud instance are often not connected via a Single Sign On solution (link to the Single Sign On page)
- The total demand of the Atlassian portfolio is not apparent to you
Through our licensing consulting services, we help you to determine the actual need and to perform a RightSizing in coordination with you.
Typical Growing Pains
The more Atlassian is used, the more important it becomes to take stock of the current situation and to take a coordinated approach.
Depending on the extent to which Atlassian products are used and your strategy, different solutions may be right for you:
Reduction of complexity by merging the instances
Analysis of the instances (due diligence)
- Unification of the instances
- Merging the instances
- Disable unnecessary instances
What has to be considered?
- Do instances exist which are specially regulated? (e.g. R&D)
- Is access between internal and external to be separated?
- To consider the resulting complexity in the few instances
- For instances with more than 5,000 users
- Instance consolidation is the ideal basis for migration to the enterprise cloud
- Suitable for Cloud-only strategy or when Cloud solutions are possible
- Hosting takes place in the EU
- Free Cloud usage with data center licenses temporarily possible
- One user is licensed for multiple cloud instances
- 5,000 users or more
- Consolidated per-user licensing
- Any number of instances possible for the fixed number of users
- Up to three-year contract term
- Premier Support & Technical Account Manager included
Learn from other solutions in concert with Atlassian, put the roadmap to work for you, and optimize your platform:
Technical Account Management Benefits:
- Engage an Atlassian guide: Learn best practices from an Atlassian with product and industry knowledge
- Plan the journey: Navigate transformation challenges for DevOps, ITSM, and Agile at scale with ucstomized guidance for your unique business requirements.
- Align your tools and practices: Adopt modern patterns for processes and automation, across you teams.
- Execute for scale: Unlock broader solution usage through user onboarding, knowledge transfer, predictable change management, and designing for growth.
Premier Support Benefits:
- Direct access to senior support engineers: Direct access to highly-trained support engineers ensures high quality coverage for all issues.
- Account-wide coverage: One fixes price will cover all of your Atlassian product licenses and Atlassian-authored plug-ins.
- Faster resolution: Our 24/7 coverage SLAs provide rapid initial response times, helping you besser communicate to your users and resolve issues faster.
- Proactive health checks: Health checks can be requested up to quaterly to help prevent outages and ensures best practices are followed.
Our best practice approach – this is how we support you best possible in optimizing your licenses
Objective: Identify individual Growing Pains and present, evaluate and implement solutions according to the TTA process model.
- License verification
- Due Diligence Growing Pains
- Inventory for each instance
- Consolidation analysis of Atlassian applications
- Conception (working out solutions for the individual paints)
- Creation of the transition concept (implementation of the developed solution approaches, how, when)
- Derivation of an operational concept (planning of the operation after the introduction of the solution)