"To know what you know and to know what you do – this is knowledge".
While Data Integration & Governance is dedicated to Data Management, Transport and Traceability, and Big Data, Data Lake & Date Warehouse serve as the foundation for insight, the discipline of Business Intelligence is designed to provide the necessary means to access data. In the last decades, various methods have been developed to transport information to the end user through the following technologies:
- Standard reports: Characterized by a professional layout and often distributed to a large number of users in a less dynamic form
- Ad-hoc reports / analyses: A smaller number of users create their own dynamic analyses based on current requests
- Dashboards: Oftentimes a new, more dynamic way to distribute information to a large number of users. Additional options such as filters, sorting and prompts allow for spontaneous customization
- "Visual Analytics", "Exploration": Thanks to special functionality, findings such as deviations, anomalies and correlations are visually presented to the user when he or she searches a data set. Additionally, Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence methods can be used
All the mentioned methods have the ability to access data, data which are e.g. brought to a Data Warehouse or a Big Data solution for the purpose of analysis. If this is not the case for you, we look forward to an appointment to discuss analytical architecture.
The term "user" for the users of an analytical solution covers two essential aspects: on the one hand, the user uses the tools, on the other hand – which is even more important – he or she uses the respective information with the aim to gain further knowledge for the management of the company.
We feel committed to this goal, because an laboriously and costly developed solution alone doesn't add value to the company – only the use of the solution enables new insights!
In this sense, we have been working successfully with our customers for years, developing individual solutions – these cover classical implementations as well as solutions for current questions with special offers:
Challenge: Development of BI solutions, optimized for customer requirements and analytical issues.
Offer: Conception, implementation, support
- A team of experienced project managers and experts for the respective technology designs (if no solution concept exists yet) and develops a BI solution on basis of an existing Data Warehouse (or suggests the appropriate strategy for data provision)
- Professional and technical modelling, depending on the technology
- Development of reports, dashboards, analyses etc.
Challenge: New or existing reports are often developed and designed by different authors in the best interest – often after submission of previous Excel or Powerpoint reports. At the same time, comprehensibility can be significantly improved by using a standardized visual language and taking into account existing standards.
Offer: Generation of reports according to IBCS
- Certified consultants develop optimally comprehensible reports. These are based on the client's technical specifications according to a universal standard
Result: number (to be defined) of reports, dashboards or analyses according to IBCS standard
Challenge: An existing reporting solution delivers classic rigid or low dynamic reports to the end users. In the course of a reorientation and new requirements, these are to be introduced to self-service, dynamic dashboards, free or AI-supported analysis. This may require new technologies and methods.
Offer: Modernization BI
- Tools, methods and the procedure are discussed and implemented based on the requirements
- Accompanying the introduction of new technologies
- Creation of dashboards or analyses until the integration into operative systems
Result: Standard reports, which are difficult to interpret, are transformed into modern, goal-oriented analyses that exploit the full value of the data contained in the DWH
Furthermore, the term Business Intelligence includes methods of Corporate Performance Management, i.e. the support of planning and controlling processes in the company. The required functions are provided by special solutions. Not only do they provide the opportunity to enter plan data and support in the planning process – they also include special calculation methods and, in some cases, very intuitive analysis methods. We support our customers with our knowledge of business management processes, consolidation, key figures (trees) and the technical know-how in the respective solutions.
Here, completely new insights are gained using various mathematical methods – from simple statistics and neural networks to Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning from existing data material. These include insights that increase sales in maintenance and quality through the ideal address of customers. Furthermore, they help to guarantee the satisfaction of employees and customers in call centers regarding the inquiry process.
More about Data Science and our Services:
The right vendor for every project
Are you looking for technical support in the fields of Analytics: Data Integration, Big Data/Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, Data Science or Corporate Performance Management? We work with Open Source technologies and commercial solutions of the following vendors: